Jeanne M. Armstrong
Jeanne’s areas of practice include handling matters involving will, trust, and power-of-attorney disputes; probate and trust litigation; contract disputes; business break-ups, shareholder disputes, and other commercial litigation; insurance law; and construction and real estate transaction disputes. Jeanne handles matters in circuit court and in appellate court.
For over 25 years, Jeanne has represented individuals and businesses in many different types of disputes, including litigation involving claims of fraud, misrepresentation, trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair trade practices, interference with contractual relations, and other business torts. In addition, Jeanne has experience representing individuals and businesses in disputes involving non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, land-use and zoning disputes, and consumer law. Jeanne has also represented clients in environmental litigation relating to hazardous waste disposal, groundwater contamination, asbestos abatement, and insurance coverage for environmental claims.
Jeanne graduated cum laude from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1993, where she was an Articles Editor for the Wisconsin Law Review. Jeanne has also been a visiting faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Law School. In April 2019, Jeanne was appointed to the Governor’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee, on which she continues to serve. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the James E. Doyle Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Areas of Practice:
- Probate and Trust Disputes
- Insurance Law
- Contract Disputes
- Business Litigation
- Consumer Law
- J.D. – University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1993 Cum Laude
- B.A. – University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1982 (Major: English)
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2014
Professional Associations and Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Governor’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee (Member, 2019 – present)
- James E. Doyle Inns of Court (Membership Chair)
- Fitchburg-Verona Horizons Rotary Club
- Middleton Chamber of Commerce
More About Jeanne:
Jeanne enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Peer and Client Review Ratings: