Christopher J. Dodge
Chris’s primary practice involves helping his individual and business clients with their day-to-day legal needs. Chris has significant experience in the litigation area for his clients, including work in the Wisconsin Circuit Courts, Federal Courts, Appellate Courts, as well as administrative agencies and municipal governments. Chris’s litigation experience is broad, with significant knowledge in contract, business, and property disputes, as well as litigation involving the banking, dealership and construction industries. Chris is also regularly involved in the operation of business, including representation of clients in their day-to-day needs, employment matters, purchases and sales of businesses and resolving problems arising out of disputes between business owners. Chris has an extensive practice in collections and business formations.
Chris’s clients include several banks and credit unions, and he assists them with their daily operational needs, including loan origination transactions, inter-creditor issues and debt collection, including replevins, foreclosure and contract actions.
Chris also has a long history of representation of dealerships, including automobile dealers, equipment dealers, hardware dealers and other Wisconsin dealerships. Over the course of his entire career, Chris has represented clients in dealership and franchise disputes and in matters governed by the Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law.
Chris also has extensive experience in the real estate arena, ranging from assistance with real estate purchases and sales to extensive and complex commercial real estate transactions. Chris has litigated numerous cases involving problems arising during or after the sale of real property, title issues, construction disputes and matters involving the state government and local municipalities.
Areas of Practice:
- Dealership Law
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Business Law
- Banking and Credit Union Law
- Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law
- J.D. – University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1990
- B.S. – University of Wisconsin – Madison, 1986
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1990
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1994
Professional Associations and Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Sauk County Bar Association
- Western District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Elk’s Club
- James E. Doyle Inns of Court
- Rotary (Southside Madison)
- Leadership Greater Madison Alumni Association, Current President
More About Chris:
Chris is a musician (drummer), music fanatic and loves to travel, camp, and spend time with friends.